Nature Journaling for a Wild Life
Together, we will learn nature journaling techniques using the book, Nature Journaling for a Wild Life, by Roseann Beggy Hanson as our guide.
Workshop Dates & Meetings
Monday evenings @ 6:30-7:45pm
January 3, 10, 17, 24, 31; February 7, 14, 21, 28, 2022
Via Zoom; link will be emailed after registration
If you are unable to participate in all the classes, you have the resources to catch-up and learn independently around your schedule. Join us as often as you can!
Supplies & Preparation
· Book (required)*: Nature Journaling for a Wild Life, by Roseann Beggy Hanson; available at Exploring Overland ($35): https://www.exploringoverland.com/shop/nature-journaling
· Pen (waterproof ink; ex. Pigma Micron or whatever you have)
· Pencil (basic mechanical pencil works fine)
· Waterbursh (ex. Pentel Aquash or another brand)
· Watercolor paints or watercolor pencils (whatever you have)
· Non-photo blue pencil (optional)
* Roseann has generously offered workshop participants a 15% discount on her book and other supplies purchased through her website. This discount is a single-use (one redemption per person) offer. Use the code SEWARD when checking-out.
Kirstie will have some of the supplies for purchase (at cost); a few used watercolor paint sets may also be available.
Class Preparation (recommended):
· Read the first two introductory chapters: “Your Way to a Wild Life” (pgs. 7-10) and “Simple Tools for Success” (pgs. 11-18).
· Contact Kirstie (firstname.lastname@example.org) for supply purchases
Roseann developed this book as a week-by-week learning guide to help develop and grow skills for the practice of nature journaling. Each chapter (Weeks 1-8) introduces a theme and demonstration which participants then practice over the following week. The book also contains loads of supportive resources, tools, and blank journaling pages for practicing techniques.
Each week, we will gather and learn together using these guided lessons. We’ll share our work, insights, and have discussions to deepen our learning.
Registration is required for planning purposes. There is no class fee. Registration link is on the EVENT page. Please join us!